What you need to know before placing an order during warm weather.
Shipping chocolate in warm weather is tricky–and pricey. If you want Truffle Shots® delivered when temperatures rise above 70 degrees, please carefully read the following or call us at 860.581.8351.
- In general, we recommend warm weather shipping only to addresses within one day FedEx Ground of Essex, Connecticut. This area includes most addresses in New York City, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and New Jersey; and parts of New York State, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Maine (as shown in pink on the map below).
- Orders outside this area will be shipped only if you are willing to assume the risk of melted chocolate.
- We are happy to look up overnight shipping rates for any address in the U.S. But brace yourself. We are a small company and do not yet meet minimum thresholds for the best discounts from shippers. If you have your own FedEx account, you might be able to get better shipping rates than we can. We are happy to use your account number to ship your order.
- In some cases it makes more sense to ship to a recipient's business address. Business deliveries are often made earlier in the day (potentially decreasing time spent in a hot truck) and will not be left on a sunny doorstep or driveway.
- We do our best to ensure your order is packaged and received by the shipper in tip-top shape, but we cannot guarantee delivery on a specific date or time of day.
- Please notify the recipient to watch for the package on the expected delivery day so it won't be left in the heat to melt.
- There is an additional charge of $10.00 for insulated packaging.